Tourist Visa Exemption
1. Passport holders of the countries listed below are not required to obtain a visa when entering Thailand for the purpose of tourism and will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period not exceeding 30 days starting from 1 October 2021.
2. Travellers entering Thailand under the Tourist Visa Exemption scheme must provide proof of adequate finances for the duration of stay in Thailand at the port of entry (i.e. traveler’s cheque or cash equivalent to 10,000 Baht per person or 20,000 Baht per family).
3. Travellers entering Thailand by any means under the Tourist Visa Exemption scheme are required at the port of entry to have proof of planned travel (confirmed air, train, bus or boat tickets) to leave Thailand within 30 days of the arrival date. Otherwise, a tourist visa must be obtained before entering Thailand.
4. Travellers entering Thailand through land / sea boarder checkpoints under visa exemption scheme are permitted only twice in a calendar year, except nationals of Malaysia, Brunei Darussalam, Indonesia and Singapore who may enter Thailand through such checkpoints more than twice in a calendar year.
5. Tourist Visa Exemption scheme only applies to foreigners holding passports issued by the countries listed below.
(Travel documents for foreigners issued by these countries are not acceptable.)
Tourist Visa Exemption
43. San Marino
|Countries which have concluded the Agreement on the Visa Exemption with Thailand|
I. DIPLOMATIC/OFFICIAL or SERVICE/SPECIAL PASSPORTS
The following countries have concluded agreements with Thailand on the exemption of visa requirements for holders of diplomatic/official or service/special passports. Such passport holders are permitted to stay for a period of not exceeding 30 or 90 days as follow;
|1. Bangladesh (Diplomatic Passports Only)
2. Brunei Darussalam
6. Hong Kong SAR
10. Macau SAR
15. Pakistan (Diplomatic Passports Only)
10. Costa Rica
12. Czech Republic
13. El Salvador
15. France (Diplomatic Passports Only)
23. Republic of Korea
31. The Netherlands
35. The Philippines
38. Russia Federation
42. South Africa
43. Spain (Diplomatic Passports Only)
44. Sri Lanka
II. ORDINARY PASSPORTS
The following countries have concluded agreements with Thailand on the exemption of visa for holders of ordinary passports. Such passport holders are permitted to stay not exceeding the following periods:
30 Days : Hong Kong**, Laos PDR, Macau, Mongolia, Russian Federation, Vietnam**
90 Days : Argentina, Brazil*, Chile, Peru*
*Ordinary passport holders of Brazil and Peru are entitled for visa exemption scheme. Meanwhile, Thailand also has bilateral agreements on visa exemption for holders of diplomatic, official and ordinary passports for a visit of not exceeding 90 days with Brazil and Peru.
**Ordinary passport holders of Vietnam and Hong Kong are entitled for visa exemption scheme. Meanwhile, Thailand also has bilateral agreements on visa exemption for holders of diplomatic, official and ordinary passports for a visit of not exceeding 30 days with Vietnam and Hong Kong.
Monday - Friday (Except Public Holidays)
Morning 9.00 - 12.00
Afternoon 13.30 - 17.30